Establish a daily schedule. A consistent prayer life will give the greatest rewards.
Identify a sacred space where you and God will meet. This space is where your spiritual battles will be fought and victories won. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
Look for and choose a scripture to help focus your prayers while inviting the Holy Spirit into this sacred moment. And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don't know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God's own will.
Be intentional with your time. Organize and identify who and what you are praying for. A great way to do this is to use specific days of the week to focus on:
- Personal prayer requests
- Family needs and concerns
- Requests from others
- World problems
- Leaders in all forms of government
Keep a journal regarding your prayer requests:
- Write down the date and time you began your petition.
- What is the specific request?
- Be patient, wait on the Lord and remain consistent with the request until you are sure you have heard from the Lord.
- Record the date and time your prayer is answered.
- Celebrate your victory with praise!